Let's face it, we all love a bar of nice smelling soap. And using a bar of soap is definitely more fun than just using liquid soap. But did you know that you can make soap bars at home? Using ingredients that you can find at home, and of course, a bar of clear soap, you'll be able to make your very own scented soap! Here are 3 soap recipes that you can try at home!
Floral Petal Soap Pops
Image: Fall For DIY/Bloglovin
lower petals of your choice
Ice lolly mould
Pink food colouring
1. Cut the soap into small chunks and melt it on high heat in a microwave for 30s at a time. Stir the soap in between heatings.
2. Drop in 15 drops of essential oil and a tsp of pink food colouring. Mix well.
3. Sprinkle the petals into the mould.
4. When the soap starts to harden and cool around the edges, pour the mixture into the mould and insert a wooden stick into the middle after a few minutes.
5. Leave to set for 6 hours minimum. Retrieve the soap using a knife.
Benefits: Soothing, aromatic, sensitive skin
COFFEE AND COCONUT SOAP STICKS
Argan oil soap base
Butter soap base
Black Food colouring
Glass measuring jug
1. Mix 500g of butter soap with a quarter of a can of coconut milk in the measuring jug. Melt it in a microwave.
2. Pour the mixture into a milk carton with one of the sides cut off. Leave to set.
3. Grind coffee and mix a couple of tbs with 200g of argan oil soap. Add a few drops of black food colouring and mix well.
4.By now, the white soap will be starting to get a film. Pour the black soap along one side of the box.
5. Take the chopstick and begin to swirl the soap to make variations in the soap design.
6. Leave to set.Cut open the box and slice it into sticks.
Benefits: Exfoliating, detox, nourishing, suitable for all skin types
Image: Stephenson Direct
Lavender Honey Lemon Soap
Goat's milk soap base
Lemon rind, zested
Dried lavender buds
lavender oil6 drops
1. Chop soap and melt it in the microwave in 30s increments, stirring frequently.
2. Once soap is melted, add your essential oils first and mix well. Add the lavender, lemon zest, and honey.
3. Pour the mixture into the mould. Sprinkle extra lavender buds on top.Benefits: Moisturising, whitening, suitable for all skin types
Benefits: Moisturising, whitening, suitable for all skin types