best diy soaps
Let's face it, we all love a bar of nice smelling soap. And using a bar of soap is definitely more fun than just using liquid soap. But did you know that you can make soap bars at home? Using ingredients that you can find at home, and of course, a bar of clear soap, you'll be able to make your very own scented soap! Here are 3 soap recipes that you can try at home!
Image: Fall For DIY/Bloglovin
Floral Petal Soap Pops
- Clear soap
- Flower petals of your choice
- Ice lolly mould
- Pop sticks
- Essential Oils
- Pink food colouring
- Cut the soap into small chunks and melt it on high heat in a microwave for 30s at a time. Stir the soap in between heatings.
- Drop in 15 drops of essential oil and a tsp of pink food colouring. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the petals into the mould.
- When the soap starts to harden and cool around the edges, pour the mixture into the mould and insert a wooden stick into the middle after a few minutes.
- Leave to set for 6 hours minimum. Retrieve the soap using a knife.
Benefits: Soothing, aromatic, sensitive skin
Coffee and Coconut Soap Sticks
- Argan oil soap base
- Butter soap base
- Ground coffee
- Coconut oil
- Black Food colouring
- Glass measuring jug
- Milk carton
Image: Stephenson Direct
- Mix 500g of butter soap with a quarter of a can of coconut milk in the measuring jug. Melt it in a microwave.
- Pour the mixture into a milk carton with one of the sides cut off. Leave to set.
- Grind coffee and mix a couple of tbs with 200g of argan oil soap. Add a few drops of black food colouring and mix well.
- By now, the white soap will be starting to get a film. Pour the black soap along one side of the box. Take the chopstick and begin to swirl the soap to make variations in the soap design. Leave to set.
- Cut open the box and slice it into sticks.
Benefits: Exfoliating, detox, nourishing, suitable for all skin types
Lavender Honey Lemon Soap
- Goat's milk soap base
- Lemon rind, zested
- Dried lavender buds
- 15 drops lavender oil
- 6 drops lemon oil
- Silicone mould
- Chop soap and melt it in the microwave in 30s increments, stirring frequently.
- Once soap is melted, add your essential oils first and mix well. Add the lavender, lemon zest, and honey.
- Pour the mixture into the mould. Sprinkle extra lavender buds on top.
Benefits: Moisturising, whitening, suitable for all skin types